- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
How to replace U-Bend Spring
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, underneath the scooter undo the single screw in the middle of the spring
- Remove the broken spring (you might need to prise this out with the end of the screwdriver)
- Place the new spring round the bracket ensuring both the prongs fit into the holes in the axle bar
- Push the ‘U' bend down so it fits snugly around the brackets (don't be afraid to use a hammer)
- Replace the screw and washer
The great thing about Micro Scooters is that we have a full range of spare parts available – as you know since you’re here. Since Micro Scooters have few moving parts and they are largely screwed together instead of fused, most parts can be easily replaced.
The key thing to help your Micro Scooter last the distance is maintenance, maintenance and maintenance. We recommend tightening the nuts and bolts every few weeks and giving your scooter a full service every four months or so to keep to keep it in its best condition. To get the full run down about how to tighten the nuts and bolts or a give your scooter a full service head to our maintenance pages. We also have a full range of videos for you to check out if you would like us to complete the service alongside you.
Kids scooters get a lot of use as well, remember to give them a regular once over to enhance their longevity! Check out our repairs page – where there is information on how to care specifically for their scooter.
Before you start the repairs – we want to let you know that each scooter has a two year warranty, have a scroll through what this encompasses on our warranty page. If you haven’t activated your warranty yet, don’t worry we’ll get you registered!