BOO! We’ve complied the trickiest tricks that kids play every day. We’ve got tricks for everything from Halloween to absolute screamers to the scooter mad with the seriously cheeky one or two and everything in between.
We asked over 150 parents for their kids Halloween tricks. This is your one stop shop for the ultimate trick to their treat this Halloween.
Do any of them sound far too familiar? Comment below and tell us what your little one does.
Best Tricks for the Trick or Treat 🎃🦇
- Our sons trick is a big scary smile 👻😎😈😱😵😖 with his bloody teeth. 😁😍😋 Always comes home with a sack full of treats. 🍦🍡🍥🍭🍬🍫🍩🥧🍢🍨
- Trick “ pull my finger”
- My son loves his treats so always willing to perform a trick or tell a joke, he loves the fake eyeball lollies to pretend his eye fell out
- Daughters trick is to pretend to cut off her fingers
- Our son had a mean grimace face at the moment... hopefully the wind doesn't change 😂
- Our trick is usually telling jokes
- My 3 girls absolutely love trick or treating their go to trick is to scream lol
- My grandson does his magic tricks and takes his little bag of tricks with him, he has a different one for every street
- My kids love tricking unsuspecting treaters with their trick phone!! So spooky!! ☎️👻☎️👻☎️
- Their water pistol hold up lol
My daughter loves Halloween she’s been dying to dress up since the beginning of the year, her trick is to bring party poppers for her treat she needs to scare them with a popper and all the ribbons fly out and they get a fright back 🍡🍥🍭🍬
- My son's favourite trick this time of the year is having a fake eye which pops out on a spring which always gets a laugh.
- My 3 year old loves to do the hype so I’m sure he’ll love to show anyone willing to give him treats
- My 4 year old's favourite trick is the classic, down low, too slow manoeuvre. So super cute! Most of the time she is such a treat!
- My son loves this time of year. Though this year he's planning something a bit more of a treat than a trick. He's planning on going around to peoples places and asking if they need any help with gardens or household things (things that an 11 year old can do) ... I'm sure he will have a lot of takers as we lives near a whole lot of elderly people who just love him to bits :D
- My daughter likes to say “Trick or treat? You’ll smell my feet, unless you give me something good to eat!” And then wave smelly old socks at them. Or the other “trick” she plays is telling her little brother that the dog licked his treat so he throws it and she gobbles it up instead! Very sneaky.
- The 180 and for a Halloween plastic spiders he loves to make people jump a little but only those who aren't terrified of spiders and will laugh :)
- My son would love to ride a new scooter this Halloween. He's planning to be a scary spider man
- Ali likes to knock and scream TRICK OR TREAT, SMELL MY FEET 😂😂 👣👣
- Mr 6 has a good trick up his sleeve, attempting to stand on his head in costume while singing his favourite song (old town road) to get bonus Halloween treats this year. If he were the lucky winner he could actually "ride 'til he can't no more".
- This Halloween my daughter plans to be a super annoying Count Dracula. Dress up as Dracula, ring a door bell, when the door opens start counting down 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 HAHAHAHA
- My son lines to hide behind walls and jump out and shoot people with his nerf gun 😂🙈
- My 2 year old walks like a robot and in a robot voice he repeats “I am a Robert”
Tricks to Make You Scream 👻😬😂🤣
- My son's cunning trick is hiding in our pantry and munch whatever he can find...😂😁
- They love to visit the local neighbourhood and spook them out!
- My 3 year old son's trick is to scream out loud when I am not expecting it... kind of like from the Grudge movies... so yes that really freaks me out!
- How cool! Our little tricksters love hiding behind doors trying to scare us!
- Hiding behind things and shouting "Boo!"
- Toddler O throwing tantrums!!! As scary as it gets 🎃
- Master 3.5 still likes to hide behind the door and jump out with an almighty boo when he thinks you aren’t expecting it. For full effect giggles it’s best to over exaggerate the fright in those moments
- "Hulk Smash" lol
My son loves to put a blanket over his head and pretend he is a ghost 👻. It frightens the cats' 🐱 and me sometimes 😬
- Mya has currently learnt “sneak attack” (pretends to not notice him, then pounce on him and starts chasing him around the house and hilariously giggles her head off) on buddy, she loves it......buddy, not so much
- Conrad hiding in the downstairs cupboard waiting for Daddy to get home from work so he can say “boo!” 👻
- Hiding & scaring Dad when he walks in the door the end of the day 😂🤞🏼🛴
- Arlo's current trick is dressing up his life-size skeleton as himself in bed and hiding under the bed in the morning to freak us out. 😈☠️😂🤣
- D’s favourite trick is hiding every time one of us gets home so he can jump out and scare us!!
- Crouching down behind a corner or behind the couch and jumping up to scare us!
- My almost 2yr old loves to hide then when you come passed him he shouts boo to scare me
- Hiding around the corner & jumping out as dad goes through the doorway
- Grayson our 2 year old loves giving everyone in our house a fright with his spider man mask on "raaaah" *giggles* "RAH"
- My son has a big back pretend spider! He said he plans on scary daddy this Halloween by planting it behind the toilet door
- Mr Ace thinking he is super scary in his skeleton costume but is far from it with his blonde curls & cheeky grin! 😂
- My two year old likes to go out the back door and run to the front door without me knowing! He thinks it's hilarious! It scares the life out of me!!
Tricks for High Energy Kids 🛴🎃😂
- Georgia has just learnt to do a little bunny hop but being a big 4 year old is tricky on the 3 wheel scooter!
- Miss 3 saw a 5 year old girl do a circuit and was so amazed she’s been non-stop talking about it.
My girl likes to do couch parkour 😂
- Ingrid Elizabeth going faster than Henri and William!!
- Mr 2’s current fave trick is somersaulting. Everywhere, all the time.
- H's current "trick" is holding Dad's hands and walking up him so he can flip backwards. "I'm cool eh Dad?" 🎃
- My 2 year old son loves rolling over the headboard of her sister's bed, even more when her sister don't want him to do it!
- My little girls trick is pretending she's a big kid and never wanting to nap during the day. Only 20 months old but she wants to be five. Adventurous little soul who loves to steal big kids scooters at the playground and try take them for a ride yet she hasn't quite figured out the skills of proper scootering yet. I think her 🎃 Halloween trick will be peek-a-boo 🎃or giving her best lion roar in her lion costume
- When it’s time to bath our 4 year old, his trick is to point to the ceiling and say, what’s that? Whilst we look at what he’s pointing to, he then bolts upstairs to run away from us 😂
Tricks for the Cheeky Ones 👀🎃 😆😜
- My 16 month old “cries" every time she is told no, so you just end up feeling sorry for her and giving in...
- Maddox just loves unfolding all the folding washing
- Not answering the door 😂
- Making things move with 'magic' ... You do have to close your eyes while they are performing their tricks
- Our kids would love these! My son's favourite trick at the moment is snapping his teeth shut on the toothbrush while I'm brushing his teeth, and refusing to let it go until I tickle him! 😂🤷
My eldest son's 'trick' was to change the School phone number on my phone to come up as 'Spam' so I don't ever answer when they have tried to call me about his lack of homework which I never knew about.
- My two year old daughter's current favourite trick is making things disappear- currently a DVD from the library- where on earth has she hidden it arrrgh. 😫 Her favourite treat is strawberries which she thinks are lollies long may that last! 😂
- Master 2’s trick is to rather than keep a costume on, he’d rather have his birthday suit on.
- Hiding in my walk In wardrobe then jumping out to scare whoever walks in
- 3.5yo likes to say he has a whisper or secret to tell us
- Fifi’s trick is to eat her Treats from her Halloween haul 🍭🍬🍫 on the way home so she can steal her siblings 👻 🎃 😆😜🤤
- My guys are still pretty young and not quite into the trick or treating yet, but I fave trick to play on me is pretending they want to give me a kiss when really they just want to get close enough to give me a big lick up the face! 😖 lol
- Double Dipping = Double the Sweetness, Delight and Fun! - My 7 Year Old Niece eats her serve of Snacks or Treats then slips her hand into her Younger Sister's Serve and helps herself to some of hers!
little one likes the "hose round the corner" tactic
- Hiding so well in hide and seek we have trouble finding her
- Our 4 year old dressing up as “Hulk” and scaring his little sis who is only 16 months. 😂
- 🎃 H hiding in the laundry cupboard to scare us! 😱
- Zoe’s excellent hiding places that have you checking the doors to make sure she’s not outside 😂
- Classic boo. Good one has been hiding behind curtains on window sill 😜
- Trick is being "invisible"
- Roarke loves to sneak up and say BOO 👻 as he is just starting to talk it’s very cute!!
- Finn's go to trick is the sleep fake-out 😂
- Dinosaurs 🦕 are the current obsession in our house so our three year old favourite trick is doing everything like a T Rex and stomping like dinosaurs around the house all day!
- My Twins go to current trick is to turn the bath taps on and off with their fingers jammed up the faucet WHILE they are having a bath 😭😭 my bathroom floor resembles a swimming pool at bath time 😭😭😭😭😭😭🤣I don't mind because it looks like fun
- Master 6’s trick is to say my phone is hiding under there. To which I say “Under wear?” And then he laughs because I’ve said “underwear”. 😂😂😂
- Bahaha so I thought this’ll be cool to enter, I asked Bruce what’s his favourite trick to play and he goes NOTHING TRICKS ARE TOO NAUGHTY. Righto thanks mate 🙃
- Mr M has been saying his has a tummy ache then saying oh no I’m going to vomit. Then laughs
- Whoopee cushion on Dads seat
- Our thrill seeking adventurer, Mr 2 year old Mini Man thinks he is very funny when he climbs in his little brothers cot, lays next to him, hides them both 👀 and giggles with his brother while he waits for us to look for them, he then yells out ‘surprise’. 💥 I think I’m in trouble with these two bestie brother cheeky monkeys 🐵 🐵
- My 3 year old tricks is saying "look!" with point somewhere and run really fast the opposite direction
- Our 3.5yo likes to say he has a whisper or secret to tell us
- My 2 boys' best trick was to hide quietly under the blanket so I would think they are not in the house.
- My 5 year old’s favourite trick is hiding behind the sofa giggling and asks us to find him.
- My big ones go to is hiding behind curtains and doors all the while giggling hysterically and shouting you can’t find me 😂 worst hide and seek player
- My seven year old likes to lie behind the couch cushions and wait for someone to sit on him. Trick’s on him though, the giggling gives him away!
- Boo’s trick right now is to hide under the blankets so Meatball can sniff him out and then cover him in kisses!
- For our kids the whoopee cushion never gets old 😂
- My little one's trick is when he is supposed to be going to bed he will scream and spit his dummy out so we will come in then he smiles and cracks up laughing at us #ourlittlemonster
- Little one seems to love throwing water :-)
- My little girl asks if she can help dress me as a ghost. She does this by throwing our bed sheet over me and while I’m under it she’s filling her treat bucket with candy! 👻
- My non-identical twin 3 year old trying to trick us saying they are the other twin 😂😂
- Rafferty’s trick would obviously be a tail whip with a mini micro deluxe if he had one but instead it’s smashing bottles of milk and max relaxing 😎
- Our three-year-old would just hide his kindy bag away on Halloween day and watches us running around for a search operation in the morning. It started off as a sweet gesture because he missed his baby sister and wanted to stay at home, but this has now become a fun trick to play rather too frequently. But fear not, we always beat him in this game because his cheeky expression gives away all clues EVERY SINGLE TIME. 😂😂😂Awww I love this boy
Tricks for the Funny Ones 😂🤦😂🤦
- Trick- miss 2 standing on her bike seat as dad holds the balance
My sons trick is a joke...Him: Why are you under there? Me: Under where? 😂🤦 Him: Haha you said underwear! The mind of an 8 year old boy lol.
- My son loves tricking people. He thinks it’s hilarious. This would be an awesome gift for him and he would love it. He has been asking me for it.
Tricks for the Super Sweet Ones 🍪🎃🍪🎃
- Running and jumping for cuddles.
- Miss L is still working on her tricks but with two older sisters it won’t take her long. She would love a scooter to follow them around.
- Miss 11 and her baking BBF have a trick up their sleeves. They are trick or treating with their own baking to give out and aren't wanting lollies or chocolate in return! I was perplexed when she told me. I think this is the best Halloween trick of all. I'm off to buy the chocolate chips for their baking today 🍪🎃
Mya (18 months) doesn’t understand the concept of hiding yet, she just comes right up until her nose touches your nose and then say “boo” 😂😂
- Being 11 days over due date to be born on Halloween- best lil trick or treater ever. 5 this year 👻😱
- Maxi's go to trick... just trying to keep up with patchy haha
- Edwin’s pj rearrange or removal trick!
- My 3 year old daughter's trick is to put on her baby brother's clothes and pretend she's a baby so can be "treated" like a baby again! She thinks it's hilarious and loves the extra attention!
My trickster 5yo can both touch her nose with her tongue, and balance a spoon hanging from her nose!!
- My 19 month old attempts to trick us into thinking she’s the same age as her 6 year old brother. 🙈 It’ll be a treat to watch them scoot together soon! She really does give it her all when trying to keep up with him
- My 2 year old trick is to cover her eyes and say I can’t see you or I can’t see.
- My youngest boys Halloween trick is... Being born on that day, 💪 not a word of a lie... He was due on the 1st of Nov so when I went I to Labour on Halloween 2015 I was so so stoked.
- My daughter watches you tube videos to get ideas on how to trick up lol her latest one is trying to make things disappear!
Spooky Scooter Tricks 🛴👾🛴👻
- Our sons favourite trick is the "crash"
My sons favourite trick is the fakie (backwards scooting) ... And wearing some fake fangs and a Dracula outfit will make it look even cooler
- Oscar’s favourite trick - skids 🙈🤦🏻♀️😂
- 👾👻🤖👹👺👹👿 SCOOT OR TREAT
- Louie’s trick is scootering off into the distance giggling his head off while I attempting to run after him!
- Off to the scooter park each week we go. Me myself and 3 kids in tow up and down just like so they go over jumps, they pretend they are a pro. They love their micro scooters and have done for years. Whilst certainly not pros, their passion and love for the sport often brings me to tears!
- I nanny a 2 year old that likes to yell boo then says running away. A scooter would be heaps of fun.
Tricks to Get Them Back...👻 🎃 😆😜🤤
🛴 On Halloween 🎃 one year we had a bowl of toothbrushes that we gave out when kids asked for a treat. To our surprise the kids were quite happy with the trick/treat and they definitely needed one after eating all their treats.